Monday, June 05, 2006

Blogger & Adsense - Step 3

Welcome back. I'm going assume throughout this series, that you have never built a blog or web site. I'm going to assume you know how to type a few words, use a mouse, and use your email.

In this step I want you to create your first blog on the blogspot (or blogger) server. So go to the Blogger start page by clicking here. Once you are on the Blogger start page, look for big orange arrow that goes from left to right. Click the orange arrow to create your new account. You'll need to create a username, password, enter your valid email, and check the box after reading the terms and conditions. Once you have done that click the little orange arrow at the bottom of the page that reads, "Continue".

On the next page you will have to create your blog name and blog address. Make sure the blog name and address incorporate the keyword (s) you are attempting to attract from searchers and surfers. Once you have successfully created a Blog name and address (that is not already being used by anyone already) click continue.

The next page you will be able to choose your starting blog template. Blogger give you a handful to choose from at this stage, but you can see other templates after your blog is up and running. For now, just pick one that is clean, with a white background. You can click here to see the Blogger template I always choose at this stage.

In our example we are using the Blog name Diabetic Socks, so after creating my blog, my blogspot address was http://diabeticsocks.blogspot.com/

In my next installment I will show you how to create some quality content on our subject. I will use the internet to give myself a quick education, and then write some QUALITY content, to be used as posts.

When you are finished using my free tutorial check out Rob's ebook, which takes you much further. My short tutorial is for beginners, while Blogging to the bank is the authority on how to use your Blogger account to make money.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: